Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Annotated Table of Contents. Supervision: Inservice.

Teaching English, How To..... by Raymond Stopper

Part Seven: Supervision

Chapter 28. Supervision Lesson #2: Inservice.

How can teacher inservice programs be improved? When I took courses in education, I noted that professors often lectured about teaching practices without using the techniques themselves. For example, instructors would recommend that teachers individualize their instruction but would not individualize their own teacher education classes. From my first position as an administrator, I have made it a fundamental principle to teach teachers as I wanted them to teach their students. An example of how I "practiced what I preached" occurred in a workshop for teachers new to a large suburban school district.

No comments: